Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Cheap Date Guide

Seriously, has it come to this? :)
In Dating during a recession, the author writes tips like:
Flash a coupon. Think about it: If a restaurant really wanted you to use that 25%-off coupon, would they demand that you show it to your waiter, in full view of your date, the instant you sit down? Still, coupons can be a good way to have your dating cake and eat it too, especially if you can wave them at the maitre d’ when your gal pal isn’t looking. (You can also be honest and suggest trying a particular restaurant because you happen to have the coupon. I don’t recommend this, but some people insist it works.)
Other suggestions: cook dinner together, sample some ethnic cuisine, rent a movie ... I guess I do these already ... move in together, skip the reception ... you lost me there, what's the point of a wedding without a reception ;)

3 comments:

Info Tek said...

Going to restaurants is soooo passe. I'd rather have an outing where we do something together, perhaps pack a tasty meal, and then some snuggling. :-) Here in Kenya, I'd go on a safari, do a mountain hike or something kool like that. Get OUT of the damn restaurant! :-)

t said...

I was into the ethnic cuisine thing myself - less money, better food.
I guess active is better ;) so...ORDER take-out ethnic food and then hike/climb/bike.
"Let's go on a Saag Paneer & Paella Safari, Baby!" :)

Unknown said...

My name is Sara Johnson, I live in california U.S.A and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after been scammed severally by these online loan lenders, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. he gave happiness to me and my family, although at first i found it hard to trust him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, i was in need of a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 2 kids, I met this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online Dr. Dave Logan that helped me with a loan of $300,000.00 U.S. Dollars, he is indeed a GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him on (daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com and Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690 ) .. and inform them Sara Johnson directed you.. Thanks. Blessed Be.

Previously on UpNaira

 

Followers