Here are some tips I learned:
- When reading on the internet, check the settings in your browser for "Column view" which may reformat the page so you can read in large font and without scrolling side to side.
- When reading from a pdf or image file, the print is often small and/or blurry. Try the options for "View text" and it may display the text in a nice column of text (again, no side-to-side)
- In your internet settings, change the default font size to something comfortable for you.
- Download a second browser (like Opera) for your device. It may have better functionality than your native browser. At any rate, it's nice to have two browsers, then you can use both simultaneously as I always do.
- Leave that scroll-button and use the SPACE key to go down one page at a time.You'd be surprised how many people scroll line-by-line instead of skipping down page-by-page.
- On standard laptop and desktop screens, don't put your mouse over the scroll button and click on it a thousand times; jump by clicking the space between scroll bar and scroll button.
The backlight on my phone screen is far too powerful. To improve the situation, I usually to keep some other light on in the room when I'm working, or hold the phone/screen at an angle (not easy).
Ideally, I could place a screen / filter over the original screen?
What do you think?
Is there such a filter for sale, or should I just tape the thing with cellotape/cellophane???