Sunday, January 21, 2018

Birthday Boz


Gazing at the goodness of God as I read my cover story article in the Sunday style section of the @nytimes on my way to church this Sunday morning... and I feel like testifying! 🙌🏿 Listen here... my journey has had its share of ups and downs, but what I know for certain is that the adage is true-- the Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God can not keep you. So this morning I give thanks knowing that my steps are divinely ordered... so get out of my way! I'm coming for what is mine! AMEN?? I'm also giving thanks for my 15,000 @uber colleagues who are doing an amazing job of evolving the company and our service. Teamwork makes the dreamwork... AMEN?? Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for the incredible talent of @sheilaym who has told my story so well (link in bio) #thankfulheart #SundaySermon #blackgirlmagic
A post shared by Bozoma Saint John (@badassboz) on
What was supposed to be a simple shopping trip to find masks, turned into a history lesson when we stumbled upon ancient masks deep in the back of the market. It holds special reverence for me because it’s a carving of the fighting face of Yaa Asentewa. She was the Queen Mother of Ejisu, who in 1900, when the chiefs were discussing how they should make war on the British and force them to bring back the Asantehene (The King) Yaa Asantewaa saw that some of the chiefs were afraid. She stood and said: "Now I have seen that some of you fear to go forward to fight for our king. If it were in the brave days of, the days of Osei Tutu, Okomfo Anokye, and Opoku Ware, chiefs would not sit down to see thier king taken away without firing a shot. No white man could have dared to speak to chief of the Ashanti in the way the Governor spoke to you chiefs this morning. Is it true that the bravery of the Ashanti is no more? I cannot believe it. It cannot be! I must say this: if you the men of Ashanti will not go forward, then we will. We the women will. I shall call upon my fellow women. We will fight the white men. We will fight till the last of us falls in the battlefields." So let’s take a moment to pause and celebrate badass warrior women everywhere!!! 💪🏿 #Legacy #AfropolitanHoliday #HolidayBozie
A post shared by Bozoma Saint John (@badassboz) on
THIS MOMENT! 🙌🏿 When @kwakusaddo called to say that His Excellency, Nana Akufo-Addo @nakufoaddo, The President of the Republic of Ghana wanted an audience with me on the last day of my holiday in Ghana, I could not even contain my excitement. What a spectacular way to end what has been a truly an incredible homecoming. As @boriskodjoe & @nicoleariparker and our families sat in the presidential office at The Flagstaff House, I was so inspired by The President’s commitment to economic and social growth for Ghana, but also the instrumental role Boris & I can play as influential Ghanaians in the diaspora. I am leaving Ghana a more determined, focused, and excited contributor to this great nation & Africa as a whole. I AM SO PROUD OF US! And we, the collective we, should all be... so wave the flag high! God bless our homeland, Ghana!! 🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭 #PurposeDrivenLife #LiveUpToGreatness #Legacy #AllForOneOneForAll #AfropolitanHoliday #HolidayBozie
A post shared by Bozoma Saint John (@badassboz) on

Bozoma Saint John is the Chief Brand Officer at Uber. 

I feel like we should do a regular birthday thing for UpNaira users actually...ah, drop a comment with suggestions.  

Get email updates.
Order Big Girl and Big Boy.

No comments:

Previously on UpNaira

 

Followers