Unforgettable bosses possess qualities that may not show up on paper but always show up where it matters most -- in the minds and even hearts of the people they lead.
NOTE: THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE WAS EXTRACTED FROM A JEFF HADEN PIECE FOR LINKEDIN.ORG , also here on Inc.com
Here are some of the qualities of truly unforgettable bosses:
1. They believe the unbelievable.
2. They see opportunity in instability and uncertainty.
3. They wear their emotions on their sleeves.
Memorable bosses are highly professional and yet also openly human.
Professionalism is admirable. Professionalism -- with a healthy blend of humanity -- is inspiring.
4. They protect others from the bus.
Terrible bosses throw their employees under the bus.
Good bosses never throw their employees under the bus.
bosses see the bus coming and pull their employees out of the way often
without the employee knowing until much, much later... if ever, because
memorable bosses never try to take credit.
And if they can't, they take the hit. (And later speak privately to the employee in question.)
5. They’ve been there, done that... and still do that.
6. They lead by permission, not authority.
7. They embrace a larger purpose.
8. They take real, not fake risks.
In short, memorable bosses inspire others to achieve their dreams: by words, by actions, and most importantly, by example.
Get email updates from UpNaira
Previously on UpNaira
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (45)
- ▼ August 2014 (4)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (38)
- ► 2011 (54)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (34)
- ► 2008 (42)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (24)